Wednesday, March 18, 2009

8 is Great!

Aliza's birthday fell on the stake baptism date...Lucky!
She had such a special birthday, getting
baptized on her 8th birthday! During her baptism we give a little spotlight on each child being baptized. I want to share a little of what I said that day for Aliza.

At the beginning of the new year when we were talking of goals, Aliza said she wanted to read the Book of Mormon all by herself since she was to be baptized this year. She has dedicated all her required reading time for school accomplishing this goal. On the day of her baptism she was all the way to Heleman 8. That's 370 pages in 2 1/2 months!

Aliza has two favorite primary songs. My Heavenly Father Loves Me and When I am Baptized.
Jordon made a piano arrangement of the two and played it for everyone at Aliza's baptism.
It was a beautiful rendition!

Aliza is a story of contrast...
She is very graceful....but she is fierce on the soccer field
She loves to float around like a butterfly...but she is a maniac on a roller coaster.
She loves sweets...but she has the taste for spicy too!

Aliza loves to play two touch and hand ball at school. Jump on the trampoline and hula hoop at home. She is an awesome reader and loves to play the piano!


So adorable together in white!


Congratulations Aliza! We are so proud of you and your decision to be baptized!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Joost Family said...

Congratulations Aliza. You are such a sweetheart and SOOO very Beautiful. I'm sad I couldn't be there. I'll call you and take you for ice cream so you can tell me EVERYTHING! XOXO Tracy

Lisa P said...

What a girl!

Lisa P said...

What a girl!

Lisa P said...

I guess it was worth repeating;)

the organic kitchen said...

Happy Birthday! She is beautiful!

Alli grins said...

Congrats, Aliza! You looked beautiful in your baptism dress! It sounds like a perfect day.

Daleen, I tagged you in my "OH NO" post on my blog. Take a peek for the details when you have a minute. I can't wait to see everyone's pictures! Hope your family is doing well. I love you guys...