Monday, March 23, 2009

Uncle Ray

Uncle Ray as he is affectionately known in our home!
I know his eyes are close but he has a smile on his face! Ray and Leonard used to tell people all the time they were brothers separated BY birth. Everyone always looked confused at this statement. These two were "soul friends" if I have ever seen one! From the moment they met there has been a bond.

When Ray first came to our home as a Stake Missionary he had longer hair and a handlebar mustache. You could say he looked a little gruff. He also came with a HUGE testimony and love for the Gospel. His spirit spoke to Leonard's and that opened the door to Leonard's heart. It allowed him to be able to listen to the gospel and accept its truthfulness. I will forever be grateful to him for that transformation. Ray and Lynette welcomed us into their home with open arms. They showed us what it was to BE an LDS family. Our family is truly blessed to have such wonderful people guide us through our first few years of growing in the gospel together!
Laura, Ray, Hoskins Kids and Lynette

When Ray first arrived at church, Aliza wouldn't hug or talk to him. I guess it had been too long and she was too young to remember him. Back at Maria's house she slowly started to warm up. But once she did, she wanted all of his attention!

This is how the rest of the day went. Aliza sitting on his lap telling him all about her life. Another one of my children who has given their heart to our Uncle Ray. When we got home I came upstairs and found Aliza on the computer. She was typing Ray Easler into google. I was a little shocked...I didn't even know she knew what googling was about. I asked her what she was doing and she said she wanted to see Uncle Ray again...then she started to cry. She let out a huge sob and said I miss him so much already. I love him and don't want to have to wait years before I see him again. Every single one of my kids has loved Ray this much! Hmmm...must be a good man for kids to love you that much!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: