Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Sampler 9/14/08

Today was a very spiritually uplifting day. Leonard, Jordon and I started off our day with a fast in order to prepare for Jordon's Patriarchal Blessing tonight. I loved the youth talks today about being Happy in your family. They both had funny one-liners and a good message. We also had an Elder leaving for a mission this week. It's always great to hear their excitement to share the gospel.

Sunday School was interesting to say the least. Our teacher made a statement that if you have or desire worldly things like a new car or a Boat you were not living a righteous life. Why do so many seem to take this extreme path of misinterpretation. It's about the desires of your heart and having righteous priorities. Thank you Patti for turning the lesson back towards the right path. I love Patti for her knowledge of the gospel and her open honest way of conversing with people.

In R. S. Sister Grant taught about receiving revelations from The teachings of Joseph Smith. It was a great lesson to have in light of what I was fasting for today. I love that Brigham Young said that the words we hear from the mouths of our Prophets are more important and take precedence over the written word. It's a comfort to know we have a living Prophet who leads and guides our church TODAY!

Patriarch Halverson is an AMAZING man. He has such a powerful, calm spirit. It was an honor to be able to be in his presence as he gave Jordon his Patriarchal Blessing. After the blessing he sat with us for over a half an hour going over the words of the blessing. The powerful spirit of revelation, knowledge and the absolute peace that exudes from that man is phenomenal.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Congratulations to Jordon on receiving his patriarchal blessing. What a wonderful experience!
That's random about Sunday School. I really love being in primary and hearing the faith and testimonies of the children. The gospel is so simple to them. More adults should be like the children and not try to make the gospel so complicated or make their own interpretations!

Samantha said...

Love the Sunday Sampler! I am grateful for Patti wisdom and approach with her knowledge as well!