Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday Sampler 9/7/08

Today Hannah was introduced as the newest Young Woman. She shared Article of Faith 4. "We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost." She did a great job stating it. She also finished her Faith in God many months ago...onto Personal Progress. I was so touched by J. Hinton's testimony...so much depth for a 7 year old. I appreciated all the Testimonies of Christ today.

Sister Johnson's lesson in R. S. was awesome. It was thought provoking to talk of how we sometimes let the little everyday distractions skew our eternal perspectives. So subtle sometimes how we get off track...such is satan's tool I suppose.

Leonard and Jordon went Home Teaching today, and it struck me what Bro. Huffaker said about how he will miss his son as his companion as he leaves for his mission this week. I am sure the time will go rather quickly and Leonard will have to be looking for a new companion too.

1 comment:

Presley family said...

Oh how fun!! What an exciting day for her!!!