Thursday, May 20, 2010

Little Hands, Big Heart


Yesterday was one of those "no good, very bad, horrible, rotten days! By the afternoon I had a serious stress headache! I decided to lay down and try to get a 20 minute power nap. As I was lying there and the darkness was enveloping me, I felt a small, soft, warm hand slip inside mine and give it a little squeeze. As I opened my eyes I see her bright smile and she says, "Mommy, I love you!"
The worries and stress of the day were gone for a moment, my heart was filled with warmth and love. I realize that it is these small quiet moments that connect us as people and family! Thank you Aliza for sharing you warm compassionate spirit and brighting my dreary day!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Isn't it great to have that ray of sunshine? No matter the day, no matter what's happening around you, there is always that one person that just does it for you! I'm happy to hear that you've found your sunshine! :)