Friday, July 11, 2008

A Day in the Temple

Today was the Valencia Stakes Day in the Temple. We went to the Los Angeles Temple for an afternoon session. Followed by Sealings and then a Chapel session at 6pm. We went with the Woods. Then met up with the Huffakers for sealings. Bro. Huffaker is an amazing genealogist. He always has stacks of names to be completed. After doing a few sealing the Sealer said, wait are you the Huffaker who does all the genealogy? Bro. H kinda laughed and said yes, I need all the help on the other side because I'm so radical here. We all chuckled at that. When he asked me to act as the Huffaker's child, I said cool do I get dual citizenship now too. (Sis. H is from Canada) I love the peaceful feeling in the temple, no matter how stressful it is getting there...it is always chased away once you start the work. I loved kneeling over the alter with my husband and listening to the promises of eternal families. What a blessing in our lives to have those promises! The temple is a great reminder of the Great Plan of Salvation and the Sacrifice our Savior made for us. It is amazing to think about how this world was created and all the beautiful things in it.
Look at how beautiful the Temple is on the Outside...it's 100 times that on the inside. I love walking up the spiral staircase.

After our day in the Temple we went with the Woods to a Persian restaurant. We had some wonderful shishkabob and cherry rice. Yummmm!

Also, a special shout out to Heather for helping me out with the girls. It's easier to be so far away when you know they are cared for. Thanks Heather!

No comments: