Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hoover Dam

Emma, Aralie, Hannah and Aliza all with one foot in Nevada and one in Arizona. I think it's more fun when the states are on different time zones too!
This is the suspension bridge that will cross the river. After it is built you will not be able to drive over the dam anymore. I can't wait to be able to drive on it...it looks fun!
Here are the girls down in tunnels that lead to the turbine rooms. It is more than 500 ft. down. It was interesting to see how it all works and the energy it produces.
On the way back to Henderson, we stopped at a beautiful lookout over Lake Mead. The lake is the Largest man-made lake in the US. It certainly is more vast than our little Castaic Lake.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Looks like a fun trip. Although I wouldn't be too excited about driving over that bridge when it's done. It looks freaky to me!

Heather Mower said...

Oh how I want to be there!

Presley family said...

Looks like so much fun!!! That is great that Emma got to go with y'all!!! BIG HUGS!!

Rebecca Whitcomb North said...

What a fun trip! The girls look so beautiful and grown-up.