First I have to talk about the sister that sang in sacrament today. She had such a beautiful tone to her voice. Her rendition of Sweet Hour of Prayer was just beautiful. If there was one talent I could wish for it would be to sing such beautiful melodies. But, it is not my lot in life...so I always admire those that have the gift.
Missionary work was definitely the theme for the day. Kevin Wood spoke today after returning from his Mission. I enjoyed his missionary experiences and his humor. I loved the quote he gave from J. Gordon Kimball, "I don't always walk on the straight and narrow path, but I try to cross it as often as I can." I can relate to this so much. I know I am not perfect but I do have a desire to live a good life. Many times my mortal mind takes over, but I always try to come back to the path.
Hannah gave a talk about being a true friend and that will help others see the value in the gospel.
We touched on that principal in Sunday School too. Ammon just wanted to be a good servant for King Lamoni, his faithful attitude made King Lamoni want to know more about Ammons beliefs. (maybe the basket of smote off arms had something to do with it too:-)
In Relief Society we talked about having the Courage to share the gospel with others. Try to worry less about rejection and concentrate on opportunities to share our beliefs with others.
When I was in the workforce it seems that I had more opportunities to talk about the church than I do now. I was always talking about what we did at church or activities we were going to. It was always an easy lead into talking more in depth about the gospel. Even though none of my discussions led to someone being baptized, it did dispel alot of myths people had about the Church. I remember my boss saying now that I know who you are as a person, I don't believe all that I have been told about your church. You are not a person who would do the things they say you do. I feel that was important too, letting people see the Good in the Gospel-Our Gospel.
I am grateful that my Neighbor Wendy Cecil saw a little girl sitting on the porch every Sunday, and decided to ask if she wanted to go to church. I gladly accepted the invitation to attend church with them. I had been going to few different Churches by this time and was a little apprehensive about it being the same You are going to hell message. I clearly remember walking into the chapel and having that "I am Home feeling" I continued to attend church with them for 5 more years before I was baptized at the age of 13. I am grateful for the early influence the church had in my life. It certainly wasn't the same experience my children are having, but it did give me direction early in my life. My love for the Savior has always been immense. I'm grateful I was led to the church early in my life, so I could build upon that foundation. So from my neighbor asking a little 8 yr. old girl to come to church, there is now a family that is Sealed together for Eternity!
Letterman Jacket and BOA Tournament
-
Brendan was very excited to get his letterman’s jacket for Christmas. I
ordered it the beginning of November, and was told there was a 6-8 week
turnaroun...
4 years ago

3 comments:
I love your Sunday Sampler. You are such a sweet heart for sharing your beliefs with the world!! BIG HUGS!! Hannah did such a good job on her hair. I might just have to have her cut mine. I have been a little nervous about it but she did great!
Hey,
Can you please e-mail me Steph's address so that I can send a suprise to the girls. collinpresley@aol.com
you can go to ashleyharris.com and hear a wonderful song called "A Prophets Prayer". Her voice was so beautiful.
Post a Comment