Sunday, December 14, 2008

AYSO Region 1441 Champions!!!

Playoff games started last weekend. Our team has had a tough season. We won a few, tied a few and lost some. We came in 5th out of six teams. As we headed out to the game last Saturday I fully expected to be ending our season that day. I had even teased Hannah I would send her away if she scored any goals. I was a tie game until the end of the third quarter. Hannah took a shot from the side corner and outside the goal box. It was beautiful it soared over the goalies head into the top corner of the goal. Bam...1-0. That's how it ended. I couldn't believe it. Here I was preparing myself for a Soccer Free weekend and now we were going on.
This Saturday we would play the First Place team. That coach is the coach that Hannah had during Tournament season earlier this year. He's a great Coach and he will be her All-Star coach this year too.
It was a tough game with the ball on both sides of the field. I thought it would go into a shootout...but in the last minute our team scored a goal. 1-0 another win.
What???? How could this be???? We move on to Area games even if we come in 2nd.
Today we took on the 2nd place team. We scored in the first Quarter. We did dominate most of the game. Hannah scored a goal in the third quarter. 2-0...he then put Hannah in center defense.
We Won the game 2-0. I guess it just goes to show... any given day.
Corner Kick
Goal Kick...Great Form!
Hannah receiving her 1st Place Medal from her Coach Mike Leonardt.
Yellow Fever First Place Team
Before each game the girls get in a huddle and chant fever, fever, fever...getting louder and louder each time! It gets them pumped up for the game!
On to Area Championships in January.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa P said...

Good job Hannah!