Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pedicures, Service and Happiness

Today I was not feeling well, so I did not attend church. Therefore, I don't have a sunday sampler. But, I did have a thought I wanted to write down. This morning I was not feeling well, a combination of benedryl, hives and being really tired of my predicament...made for an exhausted- not happy person. After Aliza was ready for church, she asked me, Mom can I do the Ped-egg on your feet and rub them. Now how can that not put a smile on your face. Such a sweet, simple, kind act of service. Simple acts of service can leave HUGE impressions upon people. The Savior was the best example of service. He lived to serve and teach. So many of his lessons were taught with acts of service.
In John 13: 14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another’s feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

Well, I certainly know I was happier for Aliza's act of service. When she was done, she smiled and gave me a hug & kiss and asked if I felt better. I thought of course I do...a mini pedicure...my sweet child who always wants to serve and help me....that's a recipe for Happiness!

So for all of you who don't have a Ped-Egg...run to walgreens and buy one. They keep your feet so soft and smooth. One of my favorite things I like!



3 comments:

Stacy said...

Sweet Aliza! I hope you are feeling better, Daleen.

Samantha said...

Man, you didn't even go to church and you still manage to have a fantastic Sunday Sampler! I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope that it gets better soon.

Presley family said...

OH, how sweet.... I love the saying... "by doing small acts of kindness, we can do great things" What a sweet and simple act of kindness showed by a sweet little girl!!! Man, I have missed a lot!! Looks like you had fun on your camp out at the beach. BIG HUGS!!!
Julie