Testimony meeting was awesome today. Everyone's testimony was inspiring and uplifting. Sister Kelly talked about faith and the power of prayer, how it has bouyed her up during her fight with cancer. It's great to see her doing well. Jordon bore his testimony after spending a week at EFY. I have never heard him speak so eloquently as he did today. It's great to see how much he has grown from his week there. He had an awesome opportunity to spend time with a young man who is an investigator. He witnessed the power of the Holy Ghost and the change it can bring to someone. I also was inspired by Sister Miles and her testimony of growing thru your own personal trials. It was fun to see Sean Parker home from his mission too!
During S. S. we went to hear Aliza give scripture and prayer in Primary. The scripture was on children being baptized at eight. It's hard to believe that Aliza will be doing that in about 6 more months. Time goes so fast these days.
In RS we talked about the Protect Marriage amendment. I liked the comment that we are here to protect marriage the way it has been viewed for thousands of years, not to take away the rights of others. But, sadly I don't think that's how others view us or our conviction. Just that we are trying to "keep them down" persay. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out in Nov.
We also talked about VT and how important it is to become friends with your people. I love my VT's now and glad we are friends! I also got to leave and go play with Megan too, thanks for letting me steal her away Heather;-D
Letterman Jacket and BOA Tournament
-
Brendan was very excited to get his letterman’s jacket for Christmas. I
ordered it the beginning of November, and was told there was a 6-8 week
turnaroun...
4 years ago

3 comments:
Daleen you are so sweet! Like I said I can't wait to read you Sunday Sampler, it is actually something I look forward to each week.
BY THE WAY! I still have you!
Darn! I wish I heard that lesson in R.S. I bet it was great!
Looks like another wonderful day at church. OH, and to hear your sweet son sound so grown up.. I can't even imagine how wonderful that must have been for you!! BIG HUGS!!! Looks like you and Steph had a blast!!! You are such a wonderful friend!!
Post a Comment