Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin


George Carlin passed away yesterday. We are related. He is the son of my Grandmother's Cousin. I don't know what that makes us, but we hang from branches on the same tree. Once when I was little I saw him on tv and asked my Dad why Uncle Clyde(my dad's brother) was on tv. They really did look alot alike.

He was an extraordinary comedian, but he could be rather crude. I thought his quips about everyday life were the funniest, or his play on words.

“Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?”

"If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted?"

"Why is the man (or woman) who invests all your money called a broker?"

"There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past."

"When someone asks you, A penny for your thoughts, and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?"

"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence? "


George Carlin was a proclaimed atheist...do you think he is a little confused today? ;-)


No comments: