Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Sampler

I started this blog to keep an online diary of our families activities. Today Shannon Allan said something that made me ponder a bit. We should also be journaling our spiritual learning as well. So today I am starting that with my Sunday Sampler. Each Sunday I hope to write something I learned at church or during the week that helped me grow spiritually.

In sacrament Shannon inspired me to journal more about our relationships with the Lord. In Sunday school we were talking about Alma's teachings. Sister Henry pointed out that after the resurrection we will be whole again our infirmities will not plague us anymore. That is something I truly look forward to. We also talked about how children that have died will be resurrected as children and will grow from there. That also was very poignant to me, thinking about how Steph and Jon will have that opportunity to still raise Camille. What a wonderful blessing that is to families that have lost little ones. Since it was fifth Sunday the Bishop conducted a combined meeting. He talked about how our feeling for the Gospel can be more important than our knowledge. We might not all be great gospel scholars, but we can still have a deep abiding faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am grateful for those that prepared lessons or talks today to instruct our family. Thank You!

We can all listen to the same talk and come away with something different. So if you are so inclined write what you learned today too! Peace;-)

No comments: