Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thankfulness and a Testimony

Today as I have grieved for the loss of a dear friends baby...I have had time to reflect on many things. I am so grateful to hug and kiss my kids and tuck them safely in bed. I am glad that I could talk with my children about the plan of salvation. I am grateful for the Gospel and the knowledge it gives us. As Aliza had questions about death today and what happens, it is a true comfort that I could have specific answers for her and not just...I really don't know. I think this is her first experience with death, that she has been old enough to truly understand. What a blessing that Heavenly Father has provided us a way to be with our loved ones again. Which seems so poignant with the loss of a child.
I am so grateful for the comfort of the Spirit.

Today, I have had a constant prayer in my heart... I am grateful that Our Father knew that we would need to communicate with him and provided us a way.

I am grateful for the sealing powers of the Temple and that I am blessed to have that covenant.

Hugging m babies and counting my blessing tonight.

5 comments:

Heather Mower said...

My heart is so broken. I, just like you, went to hug my children, and cried. They will certainly be in our prayers.

Presley family said...

I can not even begin to imagine what they are going through at this moment. My heart is breaking for them. It makes you grateful very EVERY second. We miss y'all!!
BIG HUGS,
Julie Presley
presleyfam.blogspot.com

The Gray Family said...

every time I think about what happens it makes tears well up in my eyes. You just don't think that things like this will happen to you or the people you know. It makes me want to make every minute count!

Amy said...

DALEEN!!!! How fun that you found my blog!!!! Your family is just too cute!!! It is SO fun to see them all big now!!!!

Yes, I am a huge twilight series fan too!

Reeser5 said...

What a tragedy. I am so sorry for your friend's loss. That is the worst pain anyone can feel. I hope that Heavenly Father comforts them and lets them know He is there.