Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Little things...

Inspired by Steph's blog today, I want to post some of the things I appreciate about my kids.

Jordon- I love how he loves music, all kinds. He was happy to see Wicked with us and he loves the music. A few weeks ago Jordon and a friend were riding in the car with me. I was listening to the Wicked soundtrack, his friend said, "hey you can have one of my ipod ear plugs. Jordon chuckled and said no it's okay, I like this music. I also appreciate that no matter how mad he is with me, he comes and gives me a kiss goodnight and says I love you. I am grateful he continually talks of going on his Mission.

Aralie-I love that she doesn't challenge me about everything. She generally accepts what I ask her to do or tell her. That may not seem like a big thing, but having two others that challenge me All the time...it's appreciated. I love how fun and happy she is, she is a joy to be around. I love that she says she has the faith of Nephi.

Hannah-I love how helpful Hannah is, she is always willing to help those around her. She loves kids and will be a fantastic babysitter. I appreciate that she always ask me what she can do to help me. She has a great smile and loves intensely. I love that she loves Church, even if primary is hard for her right now.(two more months)

Aliza- My baby, why is the youngest hardest to let go? I love her sweet nature. Her giggly little laugh. I love that she loves to read and be creative. She has great observations about life. While watching Wicked last night she noticed that Fiyero was really in love with Elphaba and not Glinda early on. She is observant. I love that everyday she is engaged in writing or drawing someone, something, to let them know they are loved! I love that she still wants to crawl up on me and go to sleep. I love that she loves to bear her testimony and say prayer.

My Sweetie- I love how ambitious he is, even if it means we don't see much of each other these days. I love that he genuinely loves people, because when we first met it was the opposite. I love how strong his testimony is, because when we first met it was the opposite;-) I love that he loves me no matter what problems this stupid disease gives me. I love that he is always willing to lend a helping hand, wherever needed.

3 comments:

My life! said...

What a sweet way to end the day. You have a wonderful family. Life is as it should be... you are blessed and they are blessed to have you for a mother and sweetie!

Heather Mower said...

I am also taking on her challenge. What sweeties you have. I feel blessed to have known them the longest (out here), and to have watched them grow together. Give them all hugs from their other mom!

Jennifer Gravley said...

Hi Daleen, WOW, your kids have gotten so big! You guys look great! I happened upon your blog from Steph's. I will cherish every moment with my kids, sometimes it takes something so big to make us see things so sweet. Tell your fam Hi. Miss you all.
Jennifer