Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wicked


Wicked is my favorite theater production. I love the songs, the costumes and the story. When we first saw Wicked, Glinda was played by Megan Hilty and Elphaba was played by Eden Espinoza. Both were amazing in their respective roles. Megan was so perfect as the spunky, bubbly Glinda. Since the show is about to close and Aliza had not seen it yet (and all of us loved it), when I saw tickets on sale I decided to take the whole family. Aliza loves to sing all of the songs from the soundtrack. Her favorites are What is this Feeling, Popular, Defying Gravity and For Good. I was excited to take her to her first theater production.

At the last minute, Aralie decided she really needed to be at Soccer camp, so we took Taylor instead. They were so cute all dressed up and with their little purses. They were wide-eyed and fascinated watching the show. I would steal a glance at them and the would be mouthing the words along with the song. Aliza said her favorite parts were; when Fiyero kissed Elphaba in the forest and when Elphaba made the magic shoes for Nessa that would become Dorthy's.

At last night's performance, Glinda was someone else and not nearly as good. But Fiyero was way better. Hannah and Jordon said they enjoyed it just as much the second time around.

No comments: