Saturday, June 21, 2008

Connections


Steph and I always say Aliza and Sabrina were friends since the womb. We were pregnant at the same time and were able to share and commiserate together. Here's the back story; One day Steph, Hannah, Leonard and I were in the car going somewhere. Steph had a miscarriage a few months back, but Hannah(age three) asked Steph when her baby was coming. Steph explained that it wasn't meant to be for that baby right now. Hannah leans over and whispers to Steph...I have a secret. Steph says, oh what is it? Hannah says, I'm getting a baby brother and sister. Steph says oh well who told you that? Hannah proudly exclaims, Jesus! Wow, that sent a chill up both our spines.

Well up until this time I thought we might be done because I was so sick with the Graves Disease. It was the first time we seriously considered having another. After a trip to the temple, it was clear to both of us we were to have another. The next month I was pregnant.

A few weeks after that, Steph was pregnant too. Sabrina didn't want to get left behind!
Then Hannah kept telling us it was her baby brother who was coming this time and his name was Isaac. She had me convinced I was having a boy. Boy was she wrong. When Aliza came out the nurse said, You have a little Girl! I replied, A WHAT? I'm having a boy. Well, I don't know what happened to that boy...but we love our Aliza!


Sabrina and Aliza have always had this special connection. Even when they don't get to spend much time together, it's like old times when they do. No awkward moments trying to get used to each other again. Just instant love and giggles.


I am truly grateful for friends...because our family has many friends that we love like Family!

3 comments:

Presley family said...

I am so glad that you were able to go and be there for them. You are such an amazing friend. Yes, of course you can add us as a friend. I already added you! wink!! I love y'all tons and miss you. Jason and I always talk about how different it is. It was so fun when It was you, the waites, the wards, the gravelys, and the allens. We would always be up to some trouble some where!! wink!!

The Gray Family said...

what a neat story...it's amazing how close kids are to the Spirit sometimes (well, except for the gender and name part...ha ha!). I'm glad you were able to go and be there for the Waite's...I'm sure they appreciated having you there. And how nice to get some one on one time with your baby! The youngest in our family is the youngest by a wide margin as well, and my parents have a very different (and special) relationship with her. Love the new background by the way...isn't that website awesome???

Samantha said...

Daleen, what a wonderful friend you are to Stephanie, she is lucky to have you and your families support. Here blog is amazing, and is really helping me appreciate what I have, and count my many blessings, just as she is. Your blog regarding your testimony was very inspirational to me also, and since I think you are such a wonderful mother, I am going to follow you and discuss the plan of salvation with my children too. Thank you for being you!
Samantha