Monday, November 24, 2008

Gas Prices

The sign above reflected the prices we were paying for gas this summer. I paid $4.93 for gas this summer. I really did change the way I was using gas. I no longer took a quick trip to town for something. It had to wait until there other reasons too. Leonard and I used to meet for lunch a few times a week. A 15$ lunch turned into a $30 lunch with gas added. Filling up three cars felt like a mortgage payment. What a difference a few months makes.
Today, this is what I saw at the Shell station...

I never thought I would see gas under $2 again. We thought we were lucky when it was $3.25, then it was under $3, now under $2. WOW!!!
Anyone know how to store the gas I want to hoard now?????
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about hoarding it. I saw $1.89 today and about had a heart attack! If only it would never go up again.

Alliban said...

I can't believe it's so cheap now. I wish I knew what's making the difference. You probably do. You're smart like that. Now if we can just see some grocery prices drop, life would be better!

Reeser5 said...

MEEEEE TOOOO!!!! I am so excited! Less than $40 to fill up my tank. What a relief!