Today Sacrament meeting was just one of those days that the spirit just seems to be sitting right next to you. A young man, Elder Richardson, was giving his farewell talk. This young man was just one of those kids that had a hard time growing up. He had difficulty with friendship and fitting in. I had the opportunity to get to know him better at the Beach House youth conference our ward does each year. I was surprised by what I found under all those layers of a difficult child. I have had a special place in my heart for him since. After that trip whenever I would see him he always had a smile for me and I for him.
Today he talked about those struggles and that everyone needs just ONE friend. How ONE friend can change someone so profoundly. I am glad he found that friend and he is off to serve the people of Peroia, IL. Best Wishes and Prayers Stanley!
Sister Skinner talked today about Visiting and Home Teaching. I adore Sister Skinner she always refers to herself as the old woman. She has such a quick wit and adorable sense of humor. She shared many stories about how VT has changed lives. I guess this touched me so much because it is a weakness of mine. I am currently assigned as a letter writer and I do that each month. But, I am not a great visitor.
The best Visiting Teacher I have ever known is my friend Stephanie. It doesn't matter how difficult the person is, she always wins them over. I clearly remember a lady who was so rude to her at first. Stephanie didn't care she still loved this woman and was not giving up. Eventually that caring turned this lady's heart. Steph just always seems to know what the people she has stewardship over need. She doesn't just visit her people because of duty and obligation to have her job done each month. She truly cares to meet their needs. I wish I could be more like that and pray that one day I can achieve that kind of compassion.
The closing song was God Be with You Till We Meet Again. Does a hymn just ever hit you unexpectedly. Today in the first verse when we got to the beautiful sisters only part of Til we meet. I just had this picture of Jordon up there in the not to distant future giving his farewell. It came out of nowhere, that mental picture, then then hot sting of tears hit. I couldn't compose myself to sing the rest of the son. Thinking about that moment for me....thinking about this mom that has to send her son off too, it just hit me today.
Letterman Jacket and BOA Tournament
-
Brendan was very excited to get his letterman’s jacket for Christmas. I
ordered it the beginning of November, and was told there was a 6-8 week
turnaroun...
4 years ago

1 comment:
Crying! I love your Sunday Sampler. It was a wonderful sacrament meeting.
Post a Comment