Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight

Yes I am an obsessed Twilight fan. I own all the books, more than one of some, because I have an obsessed daughter too. I have a t-shirt, calendar, movie making book and my screen saver is of Twilight. I follow MTV's Twilight Tuesday and frequent the twilightmoms message board.
This summer we went to the midnight release of Breaking Dawn.
So....of course we bought our tickets to the midnight showing of Twilight. I was totally expecting to be Dazzled by the movie. I guess I set my expectations to high. I was a little disappointed. I was expecting to be as happy with the movie as I was with Harry Potter. Harry Potter lived up to all the grandeur I thought it would be.

To me the problems were with the editing, directing and screenplay. The first half of the movie was way to choppy, it just did not flow. The sound editing was off. All of the extreme close-ups were not attractive, the human face is a little odd 100x100. Small gestures from the book or imperative scenes showing how their relationship develops were left out.

I know a movie can never live up to a book, but like I said I just thought it would be more.

However, I still liked the movie and had some favorite parts! I thought Kristen and Rob did a great job as Bella and Edward. I thought they captured the angst they both feel at first. I LOVED Alice, Ashley Green did a fantastic job of capturing Alice's essence from the book. I adore Alice and her quick wit, so that was important to me.

Bella and Edward's first kiss was HOT!!

One of my favorite things in the book is how Edward holds Bella close all the time. This is one of my favorite scenes. Edward with his shades and his arm around Bella. Perfection!!!

The cafeteria scene is fun, showing all the Vamps in slow motion as the strut in!


My favorite scene with all the Vamps is the Baseball scene. I loved it, it was humorous and fun to watch. Loved Jasper with the Bat tricks!


The prom scene when he leans in to kiss her neck... Wow!!! Bite me Edward!!
11/26/08.. We all went to see Twilight today. Leonard, Jordon and Hannah had not seen it yet. I LOVED it so much more. I am over all the little things that bugged me the first time...I just let the beauty of THIS story carry me away. Edward and Bella are so great together. That's the part that will be so hard in New Moon....so much less of Edward!!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Alliban said...

You're so funny. I loved those scenes too. I also loved the one at the top of the tree overlooking the "world". Hello, I've never been on a date like that before!

Reeser5 said...

I was thinking of seeing the movie again, too. I'm glad you loved it the second time!

The Gray Family said...

I agree with a lot of what you said...it was pretty choppy, Edward seemed a little awkward to me at times, and Jasper was just kind of weird....but I really did like it! Maybe they will have more money on the next one to improve it a bit, but I still thought it was great!

Jenn Mize said...

I am so excited to see Twilight. I had planned on going to see it last Friday but instead I was in the Hopsital with my new baby. As much as I love Edward, I enjoyed my baby more. :) But, I am SUPER excited to see it whenever I eventually do. :)