Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Sampler 11/30/08

Today we had a returned missionary speak. He just returned from Guatemala. His dad is on the High Council so they spoke together. It was touching to see how much it meant to his father for them to be able to speak together. If Leonard is still on the HC in a few years I hope he can do the same with Jordon. I loved that you could hear an accent in his english. It was so cute when he pronounced Nephi how you say it in spanish. It's awesome that they learn to think in their new language and not just translate it in their mind as they go. The best thing I learned from his talk is to always listen to the spirit. Some of the best things that get done are when we listen to the spirit. I always enjoy an RM who bears their testimony in their newly acquired language.

Brother Martin talk on obedience was good. I guess I could always use that reminder to subdue that rebel within!

It was fifth Sunday today so we all met third hour. Bishop gave an overview of the year to come and some interesting numbers. We have 267 families in our ward. 650 people. Average attendance at Sacrament meeting 320. We have 85 youth. 35 young men. 50 young women. 9 more to come in this year. 27 in nursery. Our ward is divided into 25 blocks. We have 25 block captains that can cover their area in 30-40 min. He also gave a great spiritual thought about tithing. Love our Bishop, he always has great thoughts and a humble way to present them.

No comments: